In principle, we treat all personal information confidentially and affirm that we adhere strictly to the statutory data protection regulations of the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) and the EU GDPR (European General Data Protection Regulation), which came into force in May 2018.
We have taken technical and organizational measures to ensure that both we and also external service providers comply with data protection legislation regulations.
Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following section provides information about the collection of personal data during the use of our website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’), e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller according to Art. 4 §. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) is Omega Connections e.U. Güpferlingstraße 2/20, 1170 Vienna, AUSTRIA, Phone: +436766173774, Email: email@example.com.
You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to our postal address for the attention of the “Data Protection Officer”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the information you provide (your e-mail address, where applicable your name and telephone number) will be stored by us for the purpose of answering your questions. We delete the data that arises in this context once storage is no longer required, or limit processing in the event of statutory retention requirements.
(4) If we rely on contracted service providers for individual functions of our service or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective procedures. In doing so, we will also designate the specified criteria for the storage duration.
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis ourselves in respect of the personal data about you:
right to information,
right to rectification or erasure,
right to restriction of processing,
right to object to processing,
right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us
(3) You have the right to revoke a data protection declaration of consent at any time. Processing conducted with consent prior to revocation of consent remains valid and unaffected by the revocation.
Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website for informative purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1f GDPR):
date and time of the request
time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
content of the requirement (specific page)
access status/HTTP status code
the respective amount of data transmitted in each case
the website from which the request comes
operating system and its interface
language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and by which the body that sets the cookie (in this case through us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functioning are explained below:
Transient cookies (see: b)
Persistent cookies (see: c)
Required cookies (see: d)
Functional cookies (see: e)
Marketing cookies (see: f)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. This store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) Required Cookies: These cookies are necessary in order to enable the basic functions of this website (examples: Provision of a stable site, protection against misuse of online services).
Cookies: So-called session cookies fe_typo_user (contain randomly generated session identification numbers, which are deleted by closing the browser).
e) Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your website usage in order to evaluate and improve our services. They can also be used to improve the customer experience on this website, for example by remembering your language/country selection. Your consent to this use is voluntary and may be revoked at any time.
Cookies: be_typo_user, be_lastLoginProvider, PHPSESSID (only relevant for administrators of the website), fe_typo_user (standard session cookie from TYPO3).
f) Marketing cookies: These cookies are used to present you with advertisements that are better suited to you. Advertising cookies may be used, for example, to share information with advertisers so that the ads displayed are more relevant to your interests. Your consent to this use is voluntary and may be revoked at any time.
Cookies: ga and _gat for Google Analytics (see "Use of Google Analytics"), _gid for Google Tag Manager (see "Google Tag Manager"), Google Maps (see "Integration of Google Maps")
g) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and, for example, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all features of this site.
Additional features and services offered by our website
(1) In addition to purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested in. For this, you will generally need to provide additional personal information that we will use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data-processing principles will apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly inspected.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if we offer participation in sales campaigns, the conclusion of contracts or similar services in conjunction with partners. You will be provided with further relevant information when entering your personal data or below in the description of the service.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the service.
Use of your data for advertising purposes
We use the personal data of our existing customers for direct advertising for our own products and services. The legal basis for our legitimate interest in direct advertising is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. You can send your objection to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time free of charge to email@example.com.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", which are text files that are stored on your computer that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) Google will not merge the IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics with other data.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the full extent possible. You may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp ()". Consequently, IP addresses are processed in shortened form in order to prevent direct personal references. If the data collected about you acquire a personal reference, it will, therefore, be excluded immediately and the personal data will thus be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained in order to improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the US, Google has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. You can disable the cross-device analysis of your usage under “My Data”, “Personal Data” in your customer account.
Use of Google Ads
(1) We use "Google Ads" (formerly Google AdWords) on our website, a service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Google Building Gordon House, Barrow St, Dublin 4, Ireland (hereinafter referred to as "Google"). We use the Google Ads service to draw attention to our offers with the help of advertising materials (so-called Google Ads) on external websites. By analysing the data from the advertising campaigns, we are able to evaluate how successful the individual advertising measures are. We are interested in showing you relevant advertising, making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertising materials are delivered by Google via so-called "Ad Servers". For this purpose, we use Ad Server Cookies, which make it possible to analyse certain performance measurement parameters such as ad impressions or clicks by users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads stores a cookie on your personal computer. These cookies typically lose their validity after 30 days and cannot be used to identify you personally. For this cookie, the unique cookie ID, a number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (indicating that the user no longer wishes to be targeted) are typically stored as analysis values.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognize your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of a website that belongs to a Google Ads customer and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the Google Ads customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page. A different cookie is assigned to each Google Ads customer. Therefore, cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Google Ads customers. We ourselves do not collect or process any personal data in the above-mentioned advertising measures. We merely receive statistical analysis from Google. With the help of this analysis, we can understand which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data regarding the use of the advertising material; in particular, we cannot identify users based on this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to Google’s server. We have no influence on the scope and subsequent use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our level of knowledge: By integrating Google Ads, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can associate the visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and save your IP address
5) There are various ways to avoid participating in this tracking process: a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies you will not receive any ads from third-party providers; b) by disabling cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser at https://www.google.de/settings/ads to block cookies from the domains googleadservices.com, google.com/ads and google.com/ads/measurement, this setting will be cleared when you delete your cookies (for more information on the types of cookies used by Google, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=en); c) by disabling interest-based ads from providers that are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices; this setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanent disabling in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would like to point out that in this case, you may not be able to use all the functions of this offer to their full extent.
6) We use Google Ads for marketing and optimization purposes, in particular, to display relevant ads for you, to improve the reports on campaign performance and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs. This also constitutes our legitimate interest in the processing of the above-mentioned data by the third-party provider. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 item f of the GDPR. You can find further information regarding data protection at Google here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Use of Social-Media-plugins
(1) We currently use the following social media plugins: LinkedIn. We use the so-called double-click solution. This means that by default, no personal data are initially sent to plugin providers when you visit our website. You can recognize the provider of the plugin through the marking on the box, through its initial or logo. We offer you the option to communicate directly with the plugin provider through a button. The plugin provider only receives information that you have accessed the respective website of our online portfolio if you click on the marked field and therefore activate it. The above-mentioned data will also be transmitted. According to the relevant providers in Germany, Facebook and Xing anonymize the IP address immediately after it is collected. By activating the plugin, therefore, your personal data are transmitted to the respective plugin provider and stored there (in the case of US providers in the USA). Since plugin providers acquire these data mainly through cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings before you click on the greyed-out box.
(2) We have no influence over the collected data or data processing procedures, nor do we have knowledge about the full scale of data acquisition, the purposes for which data are processed, or the storage durations. Similarly, we do not have any information about the deletion of the collected data by the plugin provider.
(3) The plugin provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and utilizes them for advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of their website. Such an analysis is in particular used to create tailored advertising (even for users who are not logged in) and to inform other users of the respective social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such user profiles and must contact the respective plugin provider directly if you wish to exercise this right. Through the plugins, we enable you to interact with social networks and other users. The processing of your personal data when you visit one of our social media services is based on our legitimate interests in a diverse external presentation of our company and the use of an effective information opportunity and communication with you. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Under certain circumstances, you have also given a platform operator consent to data processing, in which case Art. 6, §. 1 lit. a GDPR is a legal basis.
(4) Data are forwarded irrespective of whether you have an account with the plugin provider or whether you are currently logged in to said account. If you are logged in with the plugin provider your data which are collected by us are directly associated with your account with the plugin provider. If you use the activated button and, for example, link to the site, the plugin provider also stores this information in your user account and shares this publicly with your contacts. We recommend logging out regularly after using a social network, but especially before you activate the button. In this way, you can avoid any association with your profile at the plugin provider.
(5) Additional information about the purpose and scale of data collection and the processing of these data by the plugin provider is contained in the data protection declarations of these providers notified below. These declarations also provide you with additional information concerning your associated rights and settings options for the protection of your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plugin providers and URL with privacy statement references:
LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has signed up to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the services of Google Maps. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data already mentioned above will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.
Last updated on May 20th 2020